June 2018 –
Digital Production Designer
- Support daily content updates to westjet.com/westjetvacations.com
- Modify and update existing content on WestJet.com using pre-built CMS components
Build fully responsive and accessible web pages using layouts based on templates provided, best practices, and established look and feel
Perform quality assurance on web content entry to ensure output matches design
Assist in maintaining the organization of WestJet.com web assets and content (text, images, videos, etc.) in TeamSite CMS
Follow processes as outlined relating to the CMS and publishing workflows
Building, updating and testing of segmented email campaigns
- Support new client implementations by modifying email templates, coding against approved email designs, and testing email performance.
Adhere to companywide standards for user experience (front end, user interface, interactive content)
Work with digital leads, UI designers, advisors and QA to ensure deadlines are met
Ensure deliverables are compliant with internal and external standards
Follow the digital style guide, understand how to use colour, sizes, fonts, arrangement of text to help increase scanability, legibility and readability including Brand, W3C HTML, CSS, WCAG (accessibility), mobile UI (ex. iOS and Android guidelines)
Prepare and present demo presentations at team meetings
- Assist in simple A-B testing
Provide timely updates on work progress and proactively report against anticipated delays (communicate encountered challenges back to team lead as they arise)
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders and Digital & Innovation Team.
April 2016 – June 2018
Front End Development / Graphic Design
- Mocking up of UI concepts for the CoreHealth Platform.
- Creation and execution of skins (themes), design of micro-challenges.
- Working with clients to customize the CoreHealth platform to suit their needs and corporate branding.
- Development of project processes and timelines.
- Minor project management of items in the graphics department queue.
- Upheld branding guidelines for CoreHealth, as well as any client branded sites.
- Developed a better understanding of coding within a quickly expanding platform, worked with clients to better their software as service offerings, expanded my capabilites as a project manager as well as working towards a PMP certification, learning more about a proper platform architecture as well as better ways to implement site code.
April 2011 – March 2016
- Concepted and followed through of lead acuqisition websites for leading automotive manufacturers and various smaller companies throughout Canada.
- Ensured the function of all deployed websites and campaigns to be correct and content to be compliant with corporate standards.
- Worked closely with the client and development team to create leading edge websites to encourage users to sign up for programs and incentives.
- Traveled with the client to meetings to act as a technology liason regarding our products.
- Creative direction of fellow developers and programmers.
- Dealt directly with automotive manufacturers in the creative direction of lead acquisition campaigns to be administered in a national scale.
- Developed stronger coding skills, more confidence in editing scripts, a better understanding of underlying programming information, as well as further learning about database driven web design.
August 2009 – March 2011
Regional Production Coordinator
- Coordination of production for both the Peachland View and Northeast News.
- Ad design, page layout, colour correction and upholding the visual standards of both publications.
- Developed time management skills, and organizational skills through working remotely.
The Calgary Sun
August 2007 – August 2009
- Tracked ads for the daily newspaper along with other commercial projects to be completed throughout the day.
- Supervised the night shift, worked within tight deadlines and ensured that all staff is working to their best potential.
- Oversaw the final output of the newspaper, guaranteeing that it is the best possible final product we can put on the streets.
- Kept accurate counts of inventory.
- Took on a leadership position within the department, as well as acting as a liaison between staff and supervisors as well as the main contact for various commercial jobs throughout the night, making difficult decisions on-the-fly about ads, editorial space and production procedures, and all other previous responsibilities listed in the Production Artist position.
- Developed leadership skills, and more communication based skills through interactions with editorial, press, sales staff, and other supervisory and management figures.
May 2005 – August 2007
- Tracked and built ads for the weekly Calgary Homes Pull-out.
Built and designed ads for various companies throughout the Calgary region.
- Pulling ads and files off of an FTP server, and preparing the files for print usage.
- Assembling smaller regional newspapers with PDF files through InDesign.
- Tracked ads and called sales reps for the weekend newspapers.
- Trained new employees in the pre-press department.