April 2016 – Current
Front End Development / Graphic Design
- Mocking up of UI concepts for the CoreHealth Platform.
- Creation and execution of skins (themes), design of micro-challenges.
- Working with clients to customize the CoreHealth platform to suit their needs and corporate branding.
- Development of project processes and timelines.
- Minor project management of items in the graphics department queue.
- Upheld branding guidelines for CoreHealth, as well as any client branded sites.
- Developed a better understanding of coding within a quickly expanding platform, worked with clients to better their software as service offerings, expanded my capabilites as a project manager as well as working towards a PMP certification, learning more about a proper platform architecture as well as better ways to implement site code.
April 2011 – March 2016
- Concepted and followed through of lead acuqisition websites for leading automotive manufacturers and various smaller companies throughout Canada.
- Ensured the function of all deployed websites and campaigns to be correct and content to be compliant with corporate standards.
- Worked closely with the client and development team to create leading edge websites to encourage users to sign up for programs and incentives.
- Traveled with the client to meetings to act as a technology liason regarding our products.
- Creative direction of fellow developers and programmers.
- Dealt directly with automotive manufacturers in the creative direction of lead acquisition campaigns to be administered in a national scale.
- Developed stronger coding skills, more confidence in editing scripts, a better understanding of underlying programming information, as well as further learning about database driven web design.
August 2009 – March 2011
Regional Production Coordinator
- Coordination of production for both the Peachland View and Northeast News.
- Ad design, page layout, colour correction and upholding the visual standards of both publications.
- Developed time management skills, and organizational skills through working remotely.
The Calgary Sun
August 2007 – August 2009
- Tracked ads for the daily newspaper along with other commercial projects to be completed throughout the day.
- Supervised the night shift, worked within tight deadlines and ensured that all staff is working to their best potential.
- Oversaw the final output of the newspaper, guaranteeing that it is the best possible final product we can put on the streets.
- Kept accurate counts of inventory.
- Took on a leadership position within the department, as well as acting as a liaison between staff and supervisors as well as the main contact for various commercial jobs throughout the night, making difficult decisions on-the-fly about ads, editorial space and production procedures, and all other previous responsibilities listed in the Production Artist position.
- Developed leadership skills, and more communication based skills through interactions with editorial, press, sales staff, and other supervisory and management figures.
May 2005 – August 2007
- Tracked and built ads for the weekly Calgary Homes Pull-out.
Built and designed ads for various companies throughout the Calgary region.
- Pulling ads and files off of an FTP server, and preparing the files for print usage.
- Assembling smaller regional newspapers with PDF files through InDesign.
- Tracked ads and called sales reps for the weekend newspapers.
- Trained new employees in the pre-press department.